HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS:-
These rules are applicable to both Boys/Girls Hostels.
KSPMNI Hostels for both Boys & Girls has authorized the Warden to manage the affairs of the hostels. The Warden is assisted by a team of Wardens and all of them are normally residents of the hostels. Maintenance of hostels and mess facilities is managed by the wardens with the help of supervisory staff.
The mission of KSPMNI is boldly displayed at all important and strategic points in the hostel area. This dictum silently contributes to the healthy environment of commitment and discipline among the students. The students are encouraged to develop community life and inculcate the spirit of tolerance, thus taking care of their psychological and emotional problems and shape themselves to be better citizens. It is in this spirit and sense of direction that rules and regulations are framed carefully for orderly and peaceful living, and to make the students Good Samaritans and leaders of tomorrow. Life in hostels always provides many wits and fond memories and as such all efforts are made to make the living in hostels most memorable.
• Application for admission to the Hostel must be submitted to the Warden.
• The right of Admission to the Hostel is reserved. Admission to the Hostel will not be made as a matter of routine and it will be at the discretion of the Warden.
• The allotment of rooms to the applicants will be made by the Warden / Warden. The hostellers are not permitted to change their rooms once occupied without the written approval from the Warden.
• Students with chronic medical problems will not be admitted to the Hostel. By chance, if any student with chronic medical problem gets admitted to the Hostel, he/she will be asked to vacate the room immediately, when it is brought to the notice of Warden to enable the student to have proper medical care by the parent / guardian.
• Regular absentees from classes, monthly tests, University Exams and Students scoring less than the minimum pass marks in the mid terms tests and the University exams may not be permitted to continue to stay in the Hostel. In other words, admission and continued stay in the hostel depends upon academic performance and also on good behavior’s and conduct. The Warden’s decision is final in this regard.
The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the Hostel authorities to make sure that they are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items like liquor, drugs, lethal weapons etc., are kept in the room.
• The hostellers themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. They are not to keep large amounts of cash or valuables like gold ring, costly wristwatch etc., in their rooms. They should also take care of their purse, calculators, cell phones, computers and books. In case of theft or loss of any items it will not normally be possible to carry out any investigation. The hostellers are advised to keep their rooms, boxes, suitcases, cupboards, etc., securely locked with good quality locks.
• All movements from and to the hostels should be recorded in the movement register kept with the security guard at the entrance of the hostel and should be properly signed. No hosteller is permitted to stay out of the hostel beyond 9:00 pm in the case of Men’s Hostel and 7: 00 pm in the case of Ladies’ hostel.
• The security guard has instructions to lock the gate after the stipulated timings as mentioned above. If they have any local relatives with whom they intend to stay during weekends, or if they have any local relatives who would like to visit them in the hostel, the names and addresses of such local relatives, duly authenticated by the parents/ guardians, should be furnished along with the application.
• The hostellers are generally discouraged from going out of the hostels during weekends and holidays. However, in extraordinary circumstances, if they want to leave the hostel, written permission has to obtained from the Warden. Whenever they leave the hostel for vacations they have to inform the Warden in writing about their travel plan. The girl students, however, are required to obtain permission from the Warden. They are also required to return on the specified dates. In addition they have to “Check out” and “Check in” in the movement register kept with the security guard of the block.
• At the time of starting of the semester, no student should lock any room other than the officially allotted room
• Students are not allowed to keep any power driven two wheeler vehicles in the hostel.
• The hostellers are not allowed to keep air coolers, musical instruments, cassette record players, computers, TV’s, electric irons or any electrical equipment without written permission of the Warden. Unauthorized possession will lead to confiscation of the goods.
• Use of Computers:
• Installation of computer & Mobile systems in the hostel rooms should be done only after getting written permission from the Warden.
• The usage of computer & Mobile is for academic purpose only.
• The Hostel authorities will conduct surprise checks periodically and if anyone is found violating the above rule, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
• Use of cell phones:- Ordinary cell phone could be used by the student but not inside the class rooms, examination halls, Laboratory and Library.
• Strict silence should be observed between 10.00 pm & 6:00 am.
• Perfect silence is to be maintained in the hostel premises including rooms, bathrooms, dining halls, corridors, common areas etc., Every student of the hostel should have the civic responsibility that he or she should not be a cause of nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to others.
• Overnight stay by Visitory/parents in hostel is strictly prohibhited.
• All hostellers have to be present in the dining hall every day to enable the Wardens to take the attendance.
• The hostellers are not to enter into any unnecessary conversation, discussions, quarrel or altercation with the hostel staff. If anyone has any complaint against any employee of the hostel, a written complaint against the person is to be lodged with the Warden. Use of abusive, vulgar and unparliamentarily language against the hostel/mess staff is strictly forbidden.
• The hostellers shall not waste food, electricity & water. Wastage of food is a national loss. If anyone is found indulging in such wastage, he/she will be asked to vacate the hostel, since wastage causes unnecessary and unavoidable expenditure to others.
• Smoking is prohibited in the hostel buildings. Gambling in any form such as playing cards (even without money at stake), consumption of alcohol, use of drugs and narcotics and even possession of such things are prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will not only be asked to vacate the hostel but also be rusticated from the college.
• Possession of any lethal weapons or any instrument / contrivance, which is likely to cause physical harm to others, is strictly prohibited.
• If any hosteller is found indulging in any form of instigation / intimidation / threat to any other hostellers he / she will be asked to vacate the hostel forthwith. In this regard, the decision of the Warden is final and binding on the individual’s concerned.
• Day scholars are not allowed in the hostel.
• Celebrating birthday parties inside the hostel is strictly prohibited.
• Collection of donation for any purpose (Religious / otherwise) is also strictly prohibited.
• Students are not allowed to play skating rollers and other outdoor games inside the hostel to prevent breakages and accidents. Sliding along the hand rails/rest of stairs and fast running/ climbing down should be totally avoided to prevent accidents.
• When leaving the rooms for attending classes or for vacation, etc., fans, electrical gadgets, lights etc., should be switched off. Glass windows are to be closed securely.
• Walking along staircases should be silent, gentle without creating nuisance / noise to fellow hostellers.
• Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the class hours unless the stay is unavoidable due to illness or any other valid reason. In such cases they should take the permission of the Warden and communicate the information to the Warden in writing.
• Hostellers coming to the Hostel after the gate closing hours without prior permission or without valid reason would be fined. Regular late comers will not be allowed to stay in the hostel.
• Clock alarms should be switched off, when not in use. There have been instances when students have set the alarm and gone on long leave, and some of them ringing for hours and spoiling the peace of fellow hostellers.
• Water should be carefully used and not wasted.
• Wrong entry, improper / lack of entry in exit register, signing on behalf of another person, tampering with the entries, proxy attendance and misguidance of any nature are punishable. In case of any quarrel between or among room mates it should be reported to the Warden for appropriate action.
• Absentees / Latecomers (without prior permission from the Warden) will be suitably fined.
• Students coming late / or absent regularly will be expelled from the Hostel. Such students shall not be readmitted under any circumstances.
• Violation of any of these rules would result in punitive action and serious violations would be referred to the “Students Disciplinary Committee”. The decision of the committee would however be final.
Mess Timing & Rules
• The meal timings are displayed at the entrance of the dining hall. These timings are to be strictly adhered to. It is not compulsory on the part of the kitchen/dining hall staff to serve the meals outside the prescribed timings.
• A separate Mess Card will be issued to each hostel block student. The identity card is to be produced at the dining hall, at the time of breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner, failing which service in the dining hall is liable to be refused, for want of identification.
• Dining hall furniture like chairs, tables, etc., and utensils like stainless steel tumblers, plates, spoons etc., are not to be taken out of the dining hall. If anyone is found taking these dining hall properties out, he/she will be suitably penalized.
• The hostel kitchen is strictly “Out of Bounds” for the students.
• Bringing food from mess to the sick persons in Hostels can be done, after getting the written permission from the Deputy Warden / Additional Superintendent.
Damage & Recovery:
• Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture / property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden.
• The cost of damages will be recovered in the following manner:
• If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost will be recovered from him/her/group.
• If damage is done in anyone of the rooms and the person(s) is / are not identified then double the cost will be recovered from the room-mates collectively.
• If a damage is done outside the rooms i.e., in common places like corridors, bathrooms, recreation halls, mess etc., and the person(s) is/ are not identified, then double the cost will be recovered, floor wise or block wise or on the whole, as the case may be. Repetition of damage to the hostel property results in expulsion from the hostel.
.• Any hosteller, who is not well, should report to the Deputy Warden for appropriate advice.
• If the sick person requires medical care by outside hospital at any time, a application meant for the same should be filled along with the signature of the patient if possible or by the accompanying person and submitted to Deputy Warden / Superintendent / Additional Superintendent for arranging the ambulance.
• A sick student should invariably be accompanied by 2 hostellers or a nurse, while going to outside hospital.
• If the situation warrants, admission to an outside hospital as inpatient, the same is to be reported to the Warden immediately.
• If any sick hosteller requires special diet, the individual should inform the mess supervisor through the warden concerned for making suitable provisions.
• Common TV viewing rooms are provided and they are open up to 9:00pm. (10 :15 pm on Saturday) so as to allow the hostellers to get back to their hostel room before the silence hour starts. The above TV timings would be very strictly observed without exception what so ever. However, during study holidays and exam period TVs shall not be operated.
• STD booths are provided and hostellers are advised to make the best use of them. In order to facilitate more number of students to avail this facility, each individual is advised to restrict the use of STD calls to 5 minutes at a time.
• A washer man collects the clothes for washing Wednesday and Saturday in the hostel itself. The hostellers can avail this opportunity.
Ragging in any form (making unpleasant noise, disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear of shame or an embarrassment to the new student, which include teasing, abusing, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such students or asking the new student to do any act or to perform such things which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do) is strictly forbidden. If anyone is found guilty of ragging she will be expelled and also liable for prosecution under the Bihar Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997 which will result in a minimum punishment with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine of Rs.10,000/-
For any further details regarding hostel contact –
Warden Girls Hostel Name & Mob No- Miss. Jyoti & +91 8521099624
Warden Boys Hostel Name & Mob No – Mr. Guddu Kumar